Starting from the 1980s, more than 3 million Muslims have been killed by the West or its proxies with tens of millions of Muslims displaced and having their lives devastated:
- approx. 1 million Iranians and at least 250,000 Iraqis killed in the Iraq-Iran War (1980-88), in which the West tried to use Saddam Hussein's Iraq to steal Iran's oilfields, its main source of wealth and to crush the Islamic regime in Iran;
- approx. 35,000 Iraqis killed in the Gulf War (1990-91), including thousands of young conscripts buried alive in trenches and dugouts, or gunned down en masse, while offering no resistance or even trying to surrender to US forces;
- approx. 500,000 Iraqis (mostly children) killed as a direct result of the extremely harsh sanctions imposed on Iraq, by the West, from 1990-2002;
- up to 150,000 Algerian Muslims killed in the Civil War (1991-2002), that erupted after the West engineered a brutal military coup against the extremely popular and democratically elected Muslim FIS party;
- at least 135,000 Bosnian Muslims killed (1992-95), who, alone of the three warring parties, were deliberately denied weapons by the West, leaving them defenceless against Genocidal campaigns against them, by both Croats (1992-94) and Serbs (1992-95);
- up to 170,000 Muslims killed as a direct result of the American War in Afghanistan (2001-present);
- approx. 600,000 Muslims killed as a direct result of the US Invasion of and War in Iraq (2003-present);
- at least 30,000 Muslims killed as a direct result of the US-backed Ethiopian invasion of Somalia in 2006 and its aftermath, to the present;
- at least 15,000 Muslims killed as a direct result of the Western intervention in Libya that toppled the Gaddafi regime (2011) and of the resulting Civil War (2014-present);
- at least 300,000 Muslims killed as a result of the West intervening indirectly and directly in the Syrian Civil War (2011-present).
It is arguably a holocaust and blatant terrorism, showing no signs of stopping.
It should be no surprise that there has been blowback against Western powers - the only surprise is the muted nature of the blowback.